Thursday, December 13, 2018

AAJ1 Challenge 5 - Altered Art Journal Challenge

November 2012 Challenge
Must include:

  • a solid coloured background paper in the purple family
  • 3 Ugly Papers see the bottom book for the biggest samples of each paper

My notes say: "Kidlet picked the mottled paper, Red Bear chose the purple flowers and I picked the orange drops on the yellow background.  If I recall correctly, we each chose a piece of Ugly Paper independently of the others and I think we were all a little aghast when we saw the three selections together.
Top Book:
Left page = Kidlet, Right Page = Zoo
Bottom Book: Red Bear
Apparently, this was an impromptu Ugly Paper Competition/Skype Craft.  The text on my page reads:
Nov. 4, 2012, Tentative Plans + a little Serendipity and it all comes together.
I advanced my alarm clock setting by an hour, but forgot it was "fall back" time change. When I caught Kidlet's phone message I was still in time, so she came to visit.
Kidlet showed me again how to Skype and how to leave a message.
We don't know why Red Bear turned her Skype on in the middle of the afternoon but we were able to have our first Skyped Ugly Paper Competition. Oh, and our first foray into the world of die-cutting and embossing.

No comments: