Thursday, December 13, 2018

AAJ1 Challenge 3 - Altered Art Journal Challenge

September 2012 Challenge
Must include:

  • A quilt design on cream, deckle edge watercolour paper card
  • The opposite page has a chalked border

Note: these were originally part of an Ugly Paper Competition.
Top book = Zoo, Bottom book = Red Bear

Text by Zoo
I found this design in one of my craft magazines but no one else was inspired by it.  It took forever to figure out the dimensions because the card base was a different size from the magazine. 
This would have never been finished because Red Bear and Kidlet were ready to leave and I'd barely started glueing the pieces on.  Red Bear insisted that they stay until it was done.  This was one of the first big lessons in "how to use double-sided glue tabs". After they left, I played with my zig-zag stitching stamps.

Fast Forward to January 2013.  Red Bear is visiting and we are bringing our Journals up to date.  As we were pondering what to do for a few of the months, my eyes wandered up to the "Ugly Paper Competition Display" in my craft room.
I jokingly suggested, "let's cheat" [use some previously constructed works of art].  Red Bear whipped up a matching quilt design card and also included a beautiful interior.
Note: my challenge is still in card form and the inside of the card has a chalk border. It looks like Red Bear split her card and pasted the inside of the card on her left page and the top of the card on her right page.

No comments: