Sunday, December 31, 2017

Paper Napkin Transfers

Happy New Year's Eve! 

Hello. Our plans fell through for the evening so I have a few minutes to do up a quick post about the fun I have had with paper napkin transfers. Admittedly, the first attempt was not fun but the experience improved significantly the second time around.

Zoo had sent out a link of a woman doing paper napkin transfers and I was intrigued. She made it look so nice and easy and relaxing. Here is her link.

In her video she used NoName plastic wrap like I have, a medium temperature iron and very little effort. When I tried it the napkins were getting ironed nice and flat but there was not much sticking involved, except with the paper I was ironing it all between and the excess plastic wrap. I then tried it on a hard book with a hotter iron and had a little more success but ended up pressing down sooo hard that I bent my ironing board, lol. At this point, I decided it was either a bust or I would buy some brand name stickier plastic wrap and try it one more time. 

I did shop today and bought some Glad Cling Wrap and tried again. It was sooo much better! I still had to put my iron on a little more than medium but I didn't have to press too hard and it stuck pretty good.

So the emoji napkin transfers were with the NoName wrap and most of them I can peel off if I wanted to so am worried about making things with them and then having them peel off. I may need to frame each one. Aren't they cute though? I was thinking of making kids cards with them.


These last two, below, I was fed up and so I matt mediumed the card stock and placed the napkins right on. I then flattened them using a piece of parchment paper so it wouldn't stick. They turned out fine. A bigger napkin  might not have attached to the page as flat as these smaller sections.


With the leaves napkin I used the much stickier Cling Wrap by Glad. When I started, I thought I was going to like the all colour side the best but in the end I love the leaves with the white. I have put a few napkins in the "Take to Zoo's" box, as I know she will want to play with them. I like hearts and she likes leaves.


In the shot below, you can see one of the corners didn't stick after I trimmed the edges. This amount of fixing will be easy with a tiny bit of matt medium or glue.



So there you have it... using paper napkins from the kitchen for use in the craft room. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and an awesome 2018!

Take care and have fun!

Red Bear : )

Hello again. I wasn't sure where to put the cards I made with the paper napkins... a new post or added to this one.  Obviously, I chose the latter of the two options. I had such fun with these silly little happy faces. I will end up using them for my valentines cards this year, I think. 

I made a few : )

I used embossing folders on the backgrounds, eyelets (cheaper to mail than brads), string, funky scissors and circles. Easy and adorable.





 I used the different yellow faces on the insides. I only showed the 'lmao' tear smiley face inner.


Have a wonderful January! 

Red Bear : )


No comments: