Thursday, December 13, 2018

AAJ1 Challenge 7 - Altered Art Journal Challenge

January 2013 Challenge
Must include:
- Blue paint
Top Book = Zoo, Bottom book = Red Bear
We were learning how to use and experimenting with gel mediums. Kidlet and Red Bear noticed that I had 3 different tubes of acrylic blue paint. We each picked a blue and played with matte, iridescent and glaze mediums in our practice books. The challenge then became "do a January page with your blue".

Mine doesn't look very blue you say?  
More like a black blob?  
Well, yes.  Yes, it does. 

See the evolution of my S.A.D. page on my Flickr album here.

I think this was one of the first times my propensity for planning became glaringly evident.  I recall eye rolls from my daughter and perhaps an exasperated "oh just slap some paint down!' Underneath the black blob, there are a lot of different elements that you can see on Flickr.
"Since my Dad died, and after doing two complete dark seasons in the High Arctic, January has always been a hard month for me emotionally. January is cold and dark.  The only good thing about January is that it ends.  There is a light at the end of the "winter tunnel", when it is over, the worst of winter is behind us."
My theme became Seasonal Affective Disorder. Cold, dark with lots of snow and stars.

My S.A.D. Flickr album

No comments: